At SimScale, our mission is to help engineers worldwide to develop their products faster, easier, and better. We are fascinated by the potential of simulation technology and work hard to make it easier and more accessible than ever before. To that end, we are building the world’s first completely web-based engineering simulation platform – bringing high-performance computing technology to the fingertips of every engineer and scientist in the world.
Shape the next generation of simulation technology together with a team of highly talented engineers, mathematicians, and computer scientists!
Was dich erwartetWe are looking for a passionate and exceptional UI/Web-designer on a full-time or part-time basis to either join our international team in Munich, Boston or remotely. You will be responsible for the entire face of the company, including the website, forum, and community, as well as the online simulation platform (workbench). Collaborating closely with our existing design and product teams, you'll be the leading voice in all important design decisions made and be given responsibility from day one, allowing you to use your initiative and creativity to step up our design game to the next level.
If you are highly motivated and excited about the opportunity of contributing to the growth of a great product, we would like to hear from you!
- Create and maintain a consolidated, state of the art design system for SimScale
- Drive all design decisions made with the goal of how to best and most effectively communicate our message and enhancing user experience
- Align the design languages across departments
- Drive product development from early-stage mock-ups, via high-fidelity prototyping, all the way to accompanying the implementation
- Iterate in every design phase, while gathering and including feedback from all stakeholders
- Keep up to date on design trends and UX best practices
- Elevate SimScale’s design language to the next level to enhance user experience, communicate trust and ensure that the users' perceived value matches our vision
Unsere AnforderungenMinimum qualifications:
- Exceptional Web and UI design skills in the areas of wireframing, static prototyping (low- and high-fidelity), interaction design and dynamic prototyping
- The ability to create remarkable, easy to understand, and state of the art web-designs and user interfaces
- Hands-on experience in a leading creative director or designer role (ideally in the SaaS field)
- Expert knowledge in the standard UI design software stack (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq, UxPin,...)
- Ability to take in feedback and iterate quickly
- Excellent understanding of layout, typography, and color theory
- Deep and constantly growing knowledge of consumer behavior, user psychology, and design best-practices
- Excellent English communication skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in web or user interface design (or similar)
- Interest in UX theory, user research and analysis
- Experience with conducting customer interviews and user testing
- Experience in video editing and animation
- Basic understanding of engineering simulation
Was wir zu bieten haben
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise, dedication, and lots of fun
- An attractive startup atmosphere with flat hierarchies
- An independent, professional work environment
- Fun team events
- Ambitious, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and offer the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- Flexible working hours
- The chance to provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology that helps them be better at what they do best: designing the products of tomorrow
Weitere InformationenWe look forward to receiving your informative application, including your CV and portfolio, via our online application system.