Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the merchants we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
As a Analytics Lead, you will be part of the Data Intelligence team who focuses on steering SumUps overarching business strategy. This is a chance to work with senior leadership throughout the business to create impact globally and enable SumUppers to be even more data-informed!
You’ll have high visibility across all levels of the business, and a chance to drive our analytics strategy, data governance, and global reporting strategy at the company level.
If you have a passion for finding insights in data that deliver real business value, then this Analytics Lead opportunity could be for you!
What you’ll do:
- A leader who can guide our teams on analytical & technical needs, and be a data & insights partner to cross-functional teams & senior stakeholders
- Build, develop, and grow analysts within the data intelligence team
- Lead analytics projects & analysis end-to-end, from scoping to insights development
- Support the development & rollout of analytics initiative globally, including (and not limited to) onboarding, mentoring, developing data models, developing best practices and data governance
- Actively developing relationships with the larger data & insights community, especially with the data engineers across different parts of data flow. and identity ways to optimize the flow to help analysts globally
- Develop solid understanding of how data is mapped to stage of the merchant journey, and start developing data models to drive optimization holistically across touchpoints
You’ll be great for this role if you have
- An experienced leader from a data analyst / BI background, we need someone who is not only technical but can also understand fully how to best guide & develop the analysts
- Experience in leading analysis end-to-end, including scoping analysis requirements, planning, execution, and insights development & shareout
- Advanced knowledge with SQL
- Experience in leading & mentoring analysts across functions and teams globally
- Experience synthesizing data insights from large amount of data, and is able to communicate insights & recommendations to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with senior stakeholders and executive leadership
- Experience working with data engineering team to develop data requirements
- Experience with Tableau desktop and Tableau server. experience with Tableau Prep is a plus.
- Familiarity with data governance and GDPR and able to develop best practices for the team.
Why you should join SumUp
- You will be part of a global analytics community, with opportunities for collaboration, knowledge sharing, and ongoing training & development.
- Entitlement to an L&D budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and many other great benefits.
We believe in the everyday hero.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate