Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Analytics at Klarna is divided into many teams, all with their own unique responsibilities. However, there are some commonalities - they consist of highly driven people with a combination of analytical skills and a great team spirit. In general, some things you would potentially be doing:
- Designing and implementing strategies in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Pro-actively and effectively communicating with various stakeholders, discussing the root cause of trends, assessing their impact and proposing solutions/optimizations.
- Supporting wider business objectives by providing analytical expertise on new products and system developments and collaborating closely with other teams where relevant.
- Delivering ad-hoc data analysis to support risk mitigation and control environment.
- Developing as a professional in an entrepreneurial organization that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest.
- Using analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Excel, R) to analyze data and problem solve with the end goal of detecting trends and making decisions.
For this role, you will be working as part of the US Compliance Team, building and maintaining business intelligence dashboards and other data models that enable the Compliance Team to proactively and effectively respond to data trends and key observations in order to advise relevant stakeholders on key risks and areas of improvement. The goal is to immediately and effectively use available data to maintain compliance and be a value-added partner to stakeholders. To do that, you will need to understand what data and models exists and what could be--and then make it so!
It will be critical that you have an urge to not only be responsive to the existing data model needs in the Compliance Team but also to create new ways of presenting, manipulating, and structuring available data to help the Compliance Team gain further insight into the behaviors of the systems and controls at Klarna. Your ability to construct, value proposition, implement, and refine these ideas will be critical! You will have total autonomy and responsibility to this end.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 18 different markets, hosted by +3000 people from 90 nationalities.