About the opportunity
We are currently looking for an AFC Team Lead/Senior Manager Advisory, Intelligence & Standards to join our international AFC Management Team. You have a strong regulatory, internal controls and AFC risk management background in an international setting and an addiction to a high pace and tech driven environment.
You will lead a small team of highly motivated and diverse staff. You and your team will deal with a well-integrated broad array of governance, AFC risk management and compliance-related topics covering Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, Fraud Prevention and Sanctions and support the MLROs in fulfilling their regulatory obligations.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a high performance team that is the central point of contact for all AFC Advisory, Intelligence and Standards tasks
- Draft and implement AFC Group policy standards according to the business, the inherent AFC risk and the regulatory framework
- Draft and maintain a state of the art AFC Group Risk Assessment and derive a risk based control plan
- Update, maintain and execute a risk based control plan and escalate, document and follow-up on any identified weaknesses
- Define and observe the compliance of service levels with the bank’s outsourcing partners
- Lead quality assurance measures for alignment with group requirements and regulatory needs
- Lead in enhancement and review of the design and operating effectiveness of AFC control framework
- Provide AFC advisory to the business, legal, operations and other functions to ensure compliance with the Group standards
- Screen and assess regulatory developments both locally and internationally and ensure compliance by working towards the implementation of required measures
- Lead response of audits and resolving of potential findings
- Assist with requests from external bodies, e.g. from regulators or prosecutors offices
- Provide analysis and guidance in identifying possible AFC or reputational risks affecting the bank, in connection with current or new market activities and products
- Create and design impactful AFC training and educational materials
- Preparation and delivery of regular, ad hoc and periodic AFC reports to be provided to senior management
What you need to be successful:
A university degree in Economics, Law, Business, or other relevant areas,
- Professional experience gained in an anti-financial crime or compliance or risk management role, ideally with at least 5+ years
- First experiences in managing teams is a plus
- A professional Financial Crime qualification from an internationally recognised body (e.g. ICA, ACAMS) would be beneficial
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Hardworking, team worker and attentive to detail
- Strong analytical, advisory, communication and presentation skills, and initiative are among your strengths
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and relevant processes with regard to topics such as KYC, financial crime risk assessment, transaction monitoring, fraud / terrorist financing, sanctions / embargoes, and screening
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.