About the opportunity
We are currently looking for an Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) Senior Associate, Analytics ,Modelling & Reporting to join our international AFC AMR team.. You have a strong background in working and using data, building and configuring analytical models (including Machine Learning) and have had exposure to the topics of AFC in form of Know Your Customer, Transaction Monitoring and the regulatory background and an addiction to a high pace and tech driven environment.
You will work with a team of highly motivated and diverse staff. You will deal with a well-integrated broad array of data driven analysis, optimizing and improving transaction monitoring models and the understanding of risk factors covering Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, Fraud Prevention and Sanctions and support the MLROs in fulfilling their regulatory obligations.
In this role, you will:
- Work with a high performance team that is the central point of contact for all AFC modelling, reporting and analytics tasks, working cross functionally with various teams
- Perform complex data analysis on customer behaviour, risk strategies and rule performance around financial crime
- Improve processes and work closely with the Data Team to create new tools and find new innovative solutions to tackle financial crime.
- Use high level statistical analysis to segment customer behavior and develop targeted solutions to prevent sophisticated financial crime activity
- Support in establishing a scalable and productive platform from an efficient modelling perspective and reliable data, which can be utilized to optimize the status quo.
- Build models for Transaction Monitoring, Customer Risk and many more that are both effective in identifying risk and efficient in automating processes, utilizing where possible advanced meta data and machine learning.
- Assist in the continuous calibration and optimization of AFC used tools, including Transaction Monitoring, Screening and Due Diligence.
- Conduct high level fraud investigations stemming from referrals and data analysis, identifying opportunities to improve processes and further clarify roles and responsibilities within the organization.
What you need to be successful:
- A university degree in mathematics, economics, computer science, data science, information management, statistics or other relevant areas,
- Professional experience gained in an anti-financial crime or compliance or risk management role, ideally with at least 3+ years
- Excellent proficiency in SQL, Python and R would be a plus
- A professional Financial Crime qualification from an internationally recognised body (e.g. ICA, ACAMS) would be beneficial
- Additionally, working in a similar environment with strong reliance on advanced data
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Hardworking, team worker and attentive to detail
- Strong analytical, advisory, communication and presentation skills, and initiative are among your strengths
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and relevant processes with regard to topics such as KYC, financial crime risk assessment, transaction monitoring, fraud / terrorist financing, sanctions / embargoes, and screening
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.