What is Vention.io?
Vention is transforming the industrial automation industry by integrating machine design, automation, and supply chain into a self-serve e-commerce process. Founded in 2016, Vention has raised over $60 million in VC funding to establish the first ever Manufacturing Automation Platform to serve as a one-stop shop for custom machines.
Our online platform allows manufacturing professionals to design their own custom equipment from a web browser using Vention-designed modular parts. Through the Machine-Builder platform, Vention empowers anyone to become a designer and builder of industrial machines. We are combining our unique hardware and software to create the world’s most streamlined machine design process—one that lets customers design a machine today and receive it tomorrow.
We serve an array of companies including Tesla, Facebook, and BMW from their prototyping needs to the factory production floor. From 2018 to 2020, Vention’s team has scaled impressively from 9 employees to 145 with plenty of growth left ahead as we are tackling a universal pain-point in an industry worth hundreds of billions of dollars annually.
In 2021, we will be deploying our 2nd HQ to Berlin, the start-up capital of Europe. We will be looking for smart and driven individuals to build our first international sales office and distribution center!
Part of a dynamic and passionate sales team, the Account Executive’s role is to grow and maintain client relationships while reaching monthly sales targets. Our Account Executive team is supported by state-of-the-art inbound lead generation software and analytics as well as a comprehensive set of marketing initiatives.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead project discovery with customers and new users to understand applications and requirements
- Work and communicate closely with Vention Application Engineers to manage the development of projects using our mind-blowing 3D MachineBuilder design tool and MachineLogic simulation tool
- Act as the primary point of contact for new client account set up with the client point of contact
- Develop existing business opportunities and prospect for potential new opportunities with existing clients
- Collaborate with the company senior executives to develop new strategies to grow sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly quarterly and annual targets
- Participate in the hiring process by interviewing candidates and providing feedback on candidates
- Proficiency in English and another major european language (DE, CZ, ES, FR, IT, PO, PT or other)
- 3-4 years experience in a sales position
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering or business
- Strong communication skills and at ease presenting to clients
- Passion for serving clients and the ability to listen and detect client needs
- Demonstrated ability to provide white glove customer service
- Deep interest in engineering topics
Who You Are
Resourceful: You are very curious and solution oriented. You are comfortable with thinking outside the box to achieve a lot with little.
Passionate: You are passionate and strongly believe in what you do every day. You are invested and excited about our future together.
Driven: You value accomplishment and have a 'get things done' mindset. You don't mind rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty when needed.
Humble: You are self-aware and respect other perspectives. You find inspiration in the success of your team members.
How We Work
We value execution: We like to set ambitious goals for ourselves and are energized about meeting them.
We celebrate together: We think our team deserves an uplifting work environment. We celebrate successes always. No win goes unnoticed.
We foster constructive debate: We like individuals with strong opinions that are open to constructive debate to find the best solution.
We put our clients first: We value our clients and pride ourselves in doing our best to exceed their expectations.
We give caring feedback: We give feedback because we care. Sharing feedback, whether positive or constructive, helps you grow within the organization.
We share everything: We believe that by sharing our business roadmap and strategy across the organization for each person to see their own impact.
Want to know more? Take a look at our online culture guide!
What We Offer
Challenge and Growth: Our growth trajectory and preference for promoting from within instead we can offer exceptional opportunity to accelerate your career.
Competitive compensation: We work to attract and retain the best talent with base salaries above market rate, as well as performance bonuses.
Social events: We organise all sorts of events to make sure you have opportunities to create significant relationships with your colleagues. We regularly hold various events including movie nights, trivia, board games and more!
Complimentary drinks & snacks: An assortment of healthy (and not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks always keep you fueled and well-fed.