About usZAGENO was founded in 2015, ZAGENO is eliminating bottlenecks to breakthrough science and research through curated connections linking scientists and their institutions’ procurement offices with leading life science vendors. World-renowned academic and government research facilities, global pharmaceutical companies, and biotechs large and small are already users of our unique online biotech marketplace, currently comprising more than three million products.
What do we do?
Our growing ZAGENO team of 60 in Cambridge, USA, and Berlin, Germany, includes experts in science, e-commerce, systems integration, and customer support to enable smarter, faster processes — allowing more time and resources for value-added science and better research results. Find out more on https://zageno.com
- We help scientists choose the optimal laboratory kits and materials for each unique experiment setup.
- We make purchasing transactions more efficient for both buyers and sellers.
- For our vendor partners, we provide a valuable, expanded sales channel.
About the Role
ZAGENO is looking for experienced Account Executives to join our team!
While our international team is located in both Cambridge, MA, and Berlin, Germany, this role will be based in Cambridge, MA, and reports into our VP of Sales. This role will identify, source, and close new business taking a consultative selling approach to understand customer’s pain points and advise on the value of ZAGENO as it pertains to simplifying their procurement processes.
You will have the support of the BDR team and collaborate with the VP of Sales and Chief Revenue Officer to help simplify the procurement process for Biotech and Life Science labs.
Day to day, this includes the following activities:
- Ownership and achievement of monthly acquisition target of net new biotech logos, with each logo meeting our Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) requirements
Building a robust GMV sales pipeline with accounts in assigned territory
- Learning and understanding how to successfully position ZAGENO’s SaaS (Software as a Service) Marketplace offering and solution
- Successfully engage existing and prospective customers in calls and face-to-face meetings to drive sales opportunities forward to closure
- Preparing and delivering demonstrations that showcase the value of the ZAGENO solution to prospective customers (senior leaders, scientists, lab managers, and procurement professionals)
- Performing proper account and territory planning
- Strategically orchestrate resources and collaborate both internally and externally throughout the sales process to win
- 3+ years of experience in SaaS or digital sales, e.g., life sciences, biopharma, B2B customer acquisition, and/or business development
- Proven track record of full life cycle selling
- Proficiency with revenue forecasting; Hubspot experience preferred
- Take a consultative approach with prospective customers on their procurement processes
- Professional poise and confidence while communicating with decision-makers
- Value feedback, and thrive on constant improvement and learning
- Strong work ethic, and a self-driven desire to succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication; strong presentation abilities in-person and virtually
- Working on a meaningful challenge with a positive impact on the scientific community
- A professional and dynamic team with a global vision and mindset
- An exciting, international working environment (we have 45 nationalities!)
- A budget to improve your home office environment
- Competitive compensation
- Commuting benefits - public transportation
- 401K with company match
- Health benefits - medical, dental, and vision