About usWe are FRIDAY. Our aim is to offer an insurance that actually benefits our customers’ lives. We are building the first entirely stress-free car insurance - without loads of paperwork, annoying bureaucracy and lengthy contract duration.
For us to disrupt the insurance industry, our team has gained years of experience as entrepreneurs, insurance experts and senior technologists. We are based in Berlin and benefit from the support and trust of the renowned Swiss Baloise Group.
Are you looking for a job? We would love to hear from you
- Together with product managers, designers and domain experts you rethink insurance and thrive for the best possible experience for our customers.
- You analyze and improve the effectiveness, performance, and scalability of our products.
- You really want to understand customer needs and problems to build the best solutions.
- You contribute to a modular, state-of-the-art software platform with a microservice architecture.
- You use technologies from our tech stack: AWS, Kubernetes, Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot or Python, Guidewire as core-insurance system and React.js
- You thrive for 100% automation: Not only for customer processes but also in software delivery, testing and operations
- With your team, you take ownership of the products you build and continuously work to improve them.
Your ideal background and skillset
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience with software development, specifically working with JVM based languages like Java.
- You are curious and always question status quo.
- You have a passion and the skills required to ship high quality software.
- You have relevant work experience in an agile team.
- You understand web-scale software architectures and application design.
- You feel comfortable building cloud-native applications.
- You like experimenting with cutting-edge technologies.
- You like to share and spread your knowledge.
What you can expect from us:
- Employment contract with a competitive salary, attractive benefits including 30 days of vacation
- Yearly home office allowance.
- We know that smart people need freedom, an inspiring working environment, and trust to thrive – we offer you that :
- No dress code, bureaucracy, or political crap.
- Culture of diversity and creativity with smart people who take pride in what they do.
- International environment – Bases in Warsaw, Berlin, Paris, and Luxembourg colleagues from 30 nations.
- Office space in the heart of Berlin
- Learning is highly encouraged and required – We offer you a training budget.