Our products are used by millions of merchants to process payments in over 33 countries worldwide. As we build a world where small businesses can be successful doing what they love, we’re continually expanding our range of products and services. These products and services generate billions of events every day enabling a huge improvement potential. To help us utilize this potential and solve future challenges, we are now seeking a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer in Berlin to join us on this journey.
As a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer in this area, you'll shape and provide analytical data and analytical tools to empower data-driven SumUppers to create insights and enable data-driven decision-making in order to improve business performance. You'll join the Analytical Platform team in Berlin to focus on enabling our users by increasing source and data mart coverage, developing self-service analytical platforms, and improving data quality.
What you’ll do:
- Work with stakeholders to identify business requirements, understand the needs for analytical data and create data designs;
- Develop and maintain data marts and analytics architecture to meet business analysis, and reporting needs;
- Develop and maintain ETL jobs and data pipelines to collect data from various sources: production DB, cloud platforms, social media, partners.
- Adopt new technologies, mentor team members, help analysts optimize their queries and share your knowledge and experience.
You’ll be great for this role if:
- 5+ years experience in data modeling (dimensional and vault), designing analytical data marts, and creating ETL jobs.
- You have in-depth knowledge and experience using Python.
- You are an expert in SQL.
- Experience working with data processing tools such as Airflow or similar data orchestrator
- Commercial experience with Snowflake or similar.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- You have experience working with analytical stakeholders such as Analysts and Data Scientists.
- You are eager to share knowledge, engage with stakeholders, and create value for the users.
We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact - we are growing fast and open to actively shaping our own future
- You’ll receive a personal L&D budget per year for attending conferences and external training of your choice!
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidized Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
- Brand new offices in the heart of Berlin with a rooftop and BBQ!
- Your very own SumUp card reader and as a SumUp employee there are no fees to use it!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.