About usWe are FRIDAY. Our aim is to offer an insurance that actually benefits our customers’ lives. We are building the first entirely stress-free car insurance - without loads of paperwork, annoying bureaucracy and lengthy contract duration.
For us to disrupt the insurance industry, our team has gained years of experience as entrepreneurs, insurance experts and senior technologists. We are based in Berlin and benefit from the support and trust of the renowned Swiss Baloise Group.
Are you looking for a job? We would love to hear from you
Your ResponsibilitiesAs member of Team “Finance and Risk Management”, you will be responsible for Reporting & Planning of a business unit at FRIDAY. We are looking for a open personality with a great interest in
implementing her/his ideas on financial steering in an innovative work environment. You can expect a friendly and committed team that will drive our company forward with passion and a focus on
- You concept, develop and maintain the dynamic financial model that is powered by data from our warehouse to inform quarterly forecasts, budgeting/planning and commercial decision-making
- You implement improvements of our ERP, BI reporting landscape by optimizing and automating data analysis tools
- You drive the yearly budgeting & planning process as well as periodical budgeting & planning reviews
- You derive projection and planning data (local GAAP and IFRS) and prepare them in a structured manner.
- You produce a monthly report for the management team with insights from the business by providing a clear and action-oriented analysis into drivers of business growth and costs
- You collaborate closely with other teams, such as the marketing, sales and underwriting/pricing and product teams to track business performance and identify risks and opportunities to our financial outlook
- You perform on ad hoc analysis on various, different topics (ranging from marketing to claims, from conversion to retention) to improve business and financial performance
- You are involved in projects and act as a business partner for management, board members and external stakeholders
Your ideal background and skillset
- You hold a degree in business administration or economics with a focus on finance.
- You have several years of professional experience in controlling, FP&A, auditing or strategic consulting experience for insurance companies.
- You are confident in using BI tools, databases and MS Office with very good expertise in Excel and PowerPoint.
- You have a very good understanding of numbers, an analytical mindset and an assertive personality.
- You like to communicate confidently in German and English with different departments in our international organization. Knowledge of French is an advantage for you.
What you can expect from us:
We offer you an optimal onboarding, a competitive salary, flexible working hours, an unlimited work contract and 30 days’ vacation days.
Your choice: get a free BVG company ticket, an Urban Sports Club M membership, or an attractive lunch subsidy!
- An annual bonus of 500 EUR to set up your home office!
- We maintain an open and friendly working atmosphere and offer you an exciting workplace in Luxembourg and/or Berlin.